Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
As of June 11, 2021 the State of Illinois has successfully moved into Phase 5.
Details from the state can be found here: http://www.dph.illinois.gov/covid19/phase-5
The CDC announced on May 12, 2021 that fully vaccinated individuals "can resume activities without wearing a mask or staying 6 feet apart, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance." [source]
The Illinois State Governor has reinstated a mask mandate:
"Beginning on Monday, August 30, 2021, all individuals in Illinois who are age two or over and able to medically tolerate a face covering shall be required to cover their nose and mouth with a face covering when in an indoor public place." [source]
Have peace of mind knowing every precaution is in place to keep you and your family safe and healthy while at our Y.
The Y is for #youthdevelopment #healthyliving and #socialresponsibility
We have updated our wellness areas with a lot of thought and planning to maintain a safe environment.
- All equipment has been spaced apart for social distancing. All equipment is still available but may be relocated to other spaces throughout the building. Please ask a wellness staff person if you need help finding your favorite machine.
- Staff are cleaning the wellness areas thoroughly every day.
- Sanitizing spray and paper towels are available for members to clean equipment before and after use.
- Men's and Women's Locker Rooms are open to all members and guests 18+. Saunas, Steam Rooms, and Whirlpools are reopened.
- Boys' and Girls' Locker Rooms are open to all members and guests.
- Individual Changing Rooms are available for those with diverse-abilities or special needs and for parents/adults with children of the opposite gender who are 6 years old or older.
- Lap Swim, Open Swim and Family Swim are avaiable, reservations no longer needed.
- Group Swim Lessons are available with limited capacity.
- Aquatic Group Exercise class size is limited to allow for social distancing.Purchase and use of a Punch Pass is required for participation, reservatons no longer needed.
Creating a safe and worry-free environment.
- Hand sanitizer dispensers placed throughout the building
- Designated staff to frequently sanitize touch points throughout the day
- Janitorial staff equipped with cleaning solutions proven to kill COVID-19
We take your health and safety very seriously, which is why we require the following of our staff:
- COVID-19 Symptoms questionnaire
- Mask-wearing at all times (other than in an isolated office space or leading an exercise class)
- Frequent hand-washing
Get the app!
Download our app to make your reservations, view schedules, join groups, and more!