Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
In alignment with the State of Illinois's Phase 4, the Y has moved into Phase 2 of its own Reopening Plan on June 26th.
The Y is following every guideline released by the CDC and the governor. Have peace of mind knowing every precaution is in place to keep you safe and healthy whether you're working out, swimming, in a group exercise class, or your child is in a youth sport, swim lessons, or a childcare program.
The Y is for #youthdevelopment #healthyliving and #socialresponsibility
We take your health and safety very seriously, which is why we require the following of our staff:
- Temperature scan
- COVID-19 Symptoms self-check questionnaire
- Mask-wearing at all times (other than in an isolated office space or leading an exercise class)
- Frequent hand-washing
Creating a safe and worry-free environment.
- Signage to assist in social distancing
- Non-automatic doors are propped open to reduce contact
- Drinking fountains are closed off. Please bring a water bottle which can be refilled at our bottle filling stations
- Hand sanitizer dispensers placed throughout the building
- Designated staff to frequently sanitize touch points throughout the day
- Janitorial staff equipped with cleaning solutions proven to kill COVID-19
We have updated our wellness areas with a lot of thought and planning to maintain a safe environment.
- All equipment has been spaced apart for social distancing. All equipment is still available but may be relocated to other spaces throughout the building. Please ask a wellness staff person if you need help finding your favorite machine.
- Staff are cleaning the wellness areas thoroughly every day.
- Sanitizing spray and paper towels are available for members to clean equipment before and after use.
- Use of locker rooms will be limited to members who are swimming in order to allow for social distancing and limited contact between members
- Adults 18+ will be directed to use of the Boys'/Girls' Locker Rooms. The Men's/Women's locker rooms, including all saunas, steam rooms, and whirlpools are closed.
- Youth 17 and younger can use the Individual Shower Rooms.
- Lanes in the Cool Pool are limited to 2 swimmers each. Members must make a free reservation through the app.
- Use of the warm pool is also by reservation through the app.
- Group Exercise classes in the pools require use of a purchased Aquatics Punch Pass and reserving your spot in the class through the app.
GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES
- All class sizes are reduced to allow space for social distancing. Members must reserve their free spot through the app.
- Some classes, like cycling and yoga, are offered outdoors in the fresh air
- All equipment is cleaned before and after use
- Masks are not required to wear while working out
- Bring your own water bottle (drinking fountains are closed off) and yoga mat if needed
Kids Adventure Center
New policies have been added to ensure the health and safety of your child while you work out
Our childcare programs follow state guidelines to protect your children from COVID-19
Your kids can enjoy learning new skills in various sports and meeting new friends, all while preventing the spread of COVID-19.
Phase 2 - Official Statement
[Released: June 25, 2020]
Valued Members and Families,
We are taking the next step toward the new normal at our Y. Restore Illinois Reopening Plan guidelines state that we can reopen our facility on Friday, June 26 with certain limitations.
We have developed a three-phase Reopening Plan in adherence with statewide COVID-19 guidelines. We are ready to roll out our Phase 2 on Friday, June 26, which aligns with the State of Illinois Reopening Plan Phase 4....