Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
At the Two Rivers YMCA we take your health and the safety of our community very seriously. We are adhering to the guidelines set forth by the Illinois Governor in the Restore Illinois Plan.
In alignment with the State of Illinois's Phase 4, the Y is currently operating in Phase 2 of its own Reopening Plan as of June 26th.
On November 20th, the State of Illinois Tier 3 Resurgence Mitigation plan takes effect as outlined by the Governor here. The Two Rivers YMCA has made temporary adjustments to follow the more restrictive Tier 3 Mitigations; these adjustments are noted below as an “UPDATE:”.
Have peace of mind knowing every precaution is in place to keep you and your family safe and healthy while at our Y.
The Y is for #youthdevelopment #healthyliving and #socialresponsibility
We take your health and safety very seriously, which is why we require the following of our staff:
- Temperature scan
- COVID-19 Symptoms questionnaire
- Mask-wearing at all times (other than in an isolated office space or leading an exercise class)
- Frequent hand-washing
Creating a safe and worry-free environment.
- Signage to assist in social distancing
- Non-automatic doors are propped open to reduce contact
- Drinking fountains are closed off. Please bring a water bottle which can be refilled at our bottle filling stations
- Hand sanitizer dispensers placed throughout the building
- Designated staff to frequently sanitize touch points throughout the day
- Janitorial staff equipped with cleaning solutions proven to kill COVID-19
We have updated our wellness areas with a lot of thought and planning to maintain a safe environment.
- All equipment has been spaced apart for social distancing. All equipment is still available but may be relocated to other spaces throughout the building. Please ask a wellness staff person if you need help finding your favorite machine.
- Staff are cleaning the wellness areas thoroughly every day.
- Sanitizing spray and paper towels are available for members to clean equipment before and after use.
- UPDATE: Masks are required to be worn at all times, including while exercising.
- UPDATE: Walk-Up Reservations for the wellness centers will take place upon entry to the facility.
- UPDATE: Men's and Women's Locker Rooms available only to swimmers. Members with locker rentals will be permitted to access their belongings.
- UPDATE: Boys' and Girls' Locker Rooms are closed. Youth 17 and younger may use the Individual Changing Rooms if needed.
- Lanes in the Cool Pool are limited to 1 lap swimmer each. Members must make a free reservation through the app.
- Use of the warm pool is also by reservation through the app.
- UPDATE: Swim lessons are paused. Private one-on-one lessons are still available.
- UPDATE: Aquatic Group Exercise classes are temporarily unavailable.
GROUP EXERCISE CLASSES
- UPDATE: Group Exercise classes are only available virtually. See our new Virtual YMCA for live and on-demand classes!