VOLUNTEERING AT THE Y
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
The Y counts on generous volunteers who donate their time and talents to strengthen our community. Y volunteers provide direct support to programs, raise needed funds, support special events, and provide leadership by serving on the Board of Directors. Take a look at our volunteer opportunities and explore the many ways to make an impact as a volunteer at the Y.
VOLUNTEERS OF THE Y...
- Lead our boards of directors and committees
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more and live healthier
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors
The Y is a nonprofit like no other. Take an active role in strengthening your community.
All program volunteers are thoroughly screened including a background check and reference checks.