Phase 1 - Soft Reopening
TWO RIVERS YMCA’S OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON COVID-19
Valued Members and Families,
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we have navigated the evolving public health crisis caused by COVID-19. Our goal, as always, is serving our members and community in a safe and healthy way as governmental recommendations continue to be released.
We are thrilled to announce a “soft reopening” on a limited basis on Monday, June 1st.
We have developed a three-phase Reopening Plan in adherence with statewide COVID-19 restrictions. Phase One will begin on Monday, June 1 and aligns with the State of Illinois Reopening Plan Phase 3.
Phase One limits activities to outdoor group exercise classes, personal training, and 1-on-1 wellness sessions. All listed activities require reservations which can easily be accessed through the Two Rivers YMCA app. If you do not have access to the app or encounter difficulties you can call the YMCA at 309-797-3945 to set up a reservation.
There are a limited number of reservations each day so we are asking members to please limit their workouts to one per day and 3-4 times per week so all interested members can have access to the facility.
Reservations are available for members ages 16+. Youth ages 10-15, who have completed a Youth Orientation Class, can secure a reservation alongside a parent or guardian, who also needs a reservation.
1-on-1 Wellness Appointments will consist of one member and one YMCA employee who will be there to show members the new locations of equipment and provide proper cleaning instructions. Members will be accompanied throughout their entire scheduled reservation.
Group Exercise Classes will be available outdoors only and restricted to 10 members per class. Class appointments will be available to active members 48 hours in advance on the Two Rivers YMCA app or by calling the YMCA.
All Phase One details are outlined below. This document contains a lot of information but rest assured a great deal of thought was involved in creating a plan that provides the most access in the safest way for everyone and in accordance to our state’s restrictions.
Thank you to all our members, volunteers, families, and community members who have supported us during these challenging times. Thanks to you we were able to support Essential Workers by providing childcare and licensed preschool, conduct wellness checks on our most vulnerable members, provide virtual workouts for the community, continue youth mentoring virtually, and more.
We look forward to welcoming our members back during this soft reopening. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding as we all navigate this new normal together.
Two Rivers YMCA
– UPDATED 5/29/20 AT 9:00 AM
PHASE 1 - POOLS REOPENING
(Consistent with Phase 1 of YMCA reopening and IDPH Guidelines released on June 5th)
Please plan to be patient during your first visit as you learn our new protocol. All procedures are intended to maintain social distancing and keep swimmers safe as they enter and exit our facilities and while enjoying their swimming activities.
Cool Pool hours (by reservation)
Monday - Friday: 5:00 am - 8:00 am and 11:00 am - 7:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday: 8:00 am - Noon
Warm Pool hours (by reservation)
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 11:00 am
- Cool Pool lap swimming and use of the Warm Pool will be available by 45-minute staggered reservation only using the Two Rivers YMCA app. Reservations available 48 hours in advance.
- Members must check in with COVID symptom check at the south entrance. Temperature checks will remain mandatory for employees and be available for members at their request.
- Wear your swimsuit to the Y under other attire. Other attire must be placed in your own duffle bag or other bag to be placed in a limited number of lockers while swimming.
- Swimmers must provide their own towels.
- IDPH requires showers be taken with swimsuits on prior to swimming. Rinsing off after swimming, with swimsuits on, is allowed. Please place your other attire back on over your swimsuit to leave.
- Staff will clean hooks and high touchpoints outside the water between uses.
- Signs in the pool will identify all lanes.
- Lane #1, Lane #3 and Lane #5 will all enter the water at the deep end and may only “rest” at the deep end between laps. Lane #2 and Lane #4 will all enter at the shallow end and may only “rest” at the shallow end between laps.
- In addition to the lifeguard, one staff person will be available to direct traffic to/from the pool and family changing locker rooms.
WATER EXCERCISE CLASSES
- Slow & Easy water exercise class in the Warm Pool will be available Monday through Friday at 11:15-Noon for free to members. Must reserve 1 of 10 free spots through the app.
- Other water exercise classes will be added as COVID-19 IL state regulations and guidelines allow. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to restore our services as quickly as possible.
- Private Swim Lessons will be available starting June 22nd, for ages 8 and up. Call us to schedule your private lessons. 309.797.3945
- Swim Team Development classes will be available starting June 22nd; for 8-16 year olds who can pass a swim test and are looking to further develop their strokes and prepare for a future in competitive swimming. Call us to register. 309.797.3945
- More swim lessons will be added as COVID-19 IL state regulations and guidelines allow. Thank you for your understanding and patience as we work to restore our services as quickly as possible.
– UPDATED 6/18/20 AT 4:00 PM