American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
Develop the skills and gain the knowledge necessary to keep people safe around water. Upon successful completion, participants will receive certifications in CPR and AED for the professional rescuer, Red Cross Lifeguarding, and First Aid.
- 15 years or older on or before the last day of training
- Attend and participate in 100% of the classes in the training session
- Pass written and physical skills exams
- Demonstrate maturity, respect, and responsibility
- Pass all Training Prerequisites
- Swim test consisting of swimming 300 yards continuously in the following order: 100 yards front crawl, 100 yards breaststroke, 100 yards front crawl or breaststroke
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only legs
- Swim 20 yards, do a surface dive to a depth of 9 feet, retrieve a 10-pound brick, and swim 20 yards on back while holding brick
$175 for Members / $250 for Community
Course fee includes class, training manual, and breathing mask.
$88 for Members / $125 for Community
Re-certifications take place the last Saturday and Sunday of a full course. Guards must be in current standing to take a re-certification course.