American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification
Develop the skills and gain the knowledge necessary to keep people safe around water. Upon successful completion, participants will receive certifications in CPR and AED for the professional rescuer, Red Cross Lifeguarding, and First Aid.
- 15 years or older on or before the last day of training
- Attend and participate in 100% of the classes, online and in person
- Pass written and physical skills exams
- Demonstrate maturity, respect, and responsibility
- Pass all Training Prerequisites
- Swim test consisting of swimming 300 yards continuously in the following order: 100 yards front crawl, 100 yards breaststroke, 100 yards front crawl or breaststroke
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only legs
- Timed 10 pound brick retrieval
Course fee includes class, training manual, and breathing mask.
Guards must be in current standing to take a re-certification course; must bring proof of current certification to class.
Upcoming Courses by Branch